NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THESE RULES GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND PRIZE AWARD.
1. Promotion: Welcome to “World Soccer Pick'em” presented by FanDuel (“Contest”). No purchase necessary to enter or win, and no deposit, entry fee, payment, or proof of purchase is necessary to participate in this contest. The Contest is based on the results of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Tournament (“Tournament”).
2. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by FanDuel, Inc. and GameCredits (the “Sponsors”), who may be contacted by email at email@example.com, or by mail at 300 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10010.
3. Contest Period and Description of Contest. The Contest shall commence on June 14, 2018 (“Start Date”) and conclude at 11:59PM on July 15, 2018 (“End Date”). The period from the Start Date to the End Date shall be known as the “Contest Period.”
5. Eligibility. All eligible participants (“Participants”) entering the Contest must comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules. Participants may enter as outlined in Section 6 below.
a. The Contest is open to U.S. residents who, on the date of entry, are at least 18 years of age or older (21 or older in Massachusetts).
b. The officers, directors and employees of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for these Contests, and the immediate family members (grandparent, parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
c. Employees of other daily fantasy sites, including but not limited to DraftKings and Yahoo, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
6. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, Participants must have a registered FanDuel.com account and enter through the FanDuel.com website or using the FanDuel mobile application. During each day of the Contest Period, Participants may enter the Contest by selecting an outcome (winning team, or tie) and score across all World Cup games occurring on that day (“Daily Contest”). For example, if there are 4 World Cup games in one day, Participants will need to pick the outcomes and scores of all 4 games in order to enter the Daily Contest. Participants who do not enter a score and outcome for all games in one day will not be eligible for that day’s Daily Contest.
a. Sponsor shall not be liable for any problems that occur during the entry process, including without limitation, late, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries, and shall not have any obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete, invalid, or undeliverable submission. No illegible, incomplete, forged, or altered entries will be accepted.
b. Limit One (1) Entry per person per night during the Contest Period.
7. Selection of Winners. For each Daily Contest, a Participant must select the correct outcome (e.g., which team will win or whether the game will end in a tie) and the correct scores across all games run that day in order to win a share of the daily prize (“Daily Prize”). At the end of each Daily Contest, all Participants that correctly choose all the outcome(s) and score(s) will split the Daily Prize (“Cash Prize”). The prizing for each Daily Contest will be displayed when each Daily Contest becomes available for Participants to enter.
In addition, Participants who pick all the correct outcome(s) in a Daily Contest (but not necessarily the score(s) as well) will receive a voucher into an exclusive World Cup DFS Free Play (“Voucher Prize”) taking place at the end of the World Cup round in which the Daily Contest occurred. Participants are eligible to win one Voucher Prize per Daily Contest in which they participate
In the event a World Cup game is decided by penalty shoot-out, the correct outcome will involve picking the winning team, while the correct score will involve picking the correct score at the end of overtime.
The Free Plays will take place according to the following schedule:
$2,000.00 Cash + $20,000.00 GAME Credit
$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit
$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit
$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit
$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit
$1,000.00 Cash + $10,000.00 GAME Credit
$1,000.00 Cash + $30,000.00 GAME Credit
Any user winning a voucher prize on or after 7/14 will be awarded a voucher into a QuickPick contest.
In the event that a scheduled World Cup game is postponed, suspended or cancelled for any reason during the Contest Period, then such game shall not count toward the Daily Contest. For example, if there are three scheduled World Cup games in a Daily Contest, and one of the games is postponed to a later date, the postponed game will not be a part of the Daily Contest, and the determination of prize winners will be based on the remaining two games. If no World Cup games take place on a given day, then the Daily Contest for that day will be canceled.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official Winners of the Contest. The purchase of any goods or services will not increase any Participant’s chances of winning. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Contest and the application of these Rules are final and binding.
a. Winners will be notified by email in order to claim their prize. Any Cash Prize will be deposited into a Winner’s FanDuel account. Winners of the Voucher Prize will be notified through inbox notification after the World Cup round in which they earned their Voucher Prize.
b. Winners of a GAME Credit in a Free Play will be contacted by FanDuel within seventy-two (72) hours of contest settlement with instructions on how to claim their prize. Participants will receive their GAME Credit within thirty (30) days after providing FanDuel with all requested information, including a valid GAME Credit public wallet address (a “GAME Address”). All GAME Credit are non-transferrable, are subject to availability, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prior to Delivery (as defined below), a winner has no right to sell the GAME Credit or cause FanDuel to exchange the GAME Credit for cash or any other property. FanDuel shall not be considered a fiduciary or custodian of the GAME Credit, including, without limitation, for the period prior to Delivery.
The price of GAME Credit that appeared on www.coinmarketcap.com at 12:01 AM EST, on the date of the Free Play (“Valuation Time”) will determine how much GAME Credit a Participant is entitled to receive. FanDuel is neither responsible for any fluctuations in the price of GAME Credit from the Valuation Time to the date and time the GAME Credit is sent to the winner’s GAME Address (“Delivery”) nor any fluctuations thereafter.
Within seventy-two (72) hours after a winner is notified that he or she has won GAME Credit, the winner shall provide FanDuel with a GAME Address. For the avoidance of doubt, the GAME Address must be under the direct or indirect control of the winner and shall not be under the direct or indirect control of a third-party. All winners are advised that the loss or destruction of a private key required to access a blockchain asset, such as GAME Credit, may be irreversible. If you lose access to the private key associated with the GAME Address you provide us, your prize will likely be irretrievable. You should not give access to your private key to any person you do not trust to handle the GAME Credit. Any person knowing the private key can transfer the GAME Credit, without your consent, to another address he or she controls. You are encouraged to (i) securely back-up your digital wallets and private keys, and (ii) securely store the twelve or twenty-four words generated by your digital wallet that make up your recovery phrase. Any person with this recovery phrase can access your GAME Credit without access to the hardware or software wallet that generated the recovery phrase. Participants are responsible for acquiring their own GAME Address to be provided to FanDuel.
c. Any failure of a Winner to notify and communicate acceptance will result in forfeiture of their prize. In the event that a potential Winner forfeits or is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
d. Each Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with his or her receipt and use of a Prize. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize is permitted, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of greater or equal value if Prize cannot be awarded as stated. The Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of the Sponsor’s jurisdiction. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and expressly disclaims responsibility for prize utility, quality, or otherwise. The Internal Revenue Service has issued Notice 2014-21 (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-14-21.pdf) setting forth certain guidance on the tax treatment of GAME Credit. Each winner should consult with and must rely upon the advice of his or her own professional tax advisors with respect to the United States and non-U.S. tax treatment of his or her receipt of the GAME Credit.
8. Prizes and Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received on a daily basis, during the Contest Period. There will be $137,000.00 in prizes awarded in accordance with the prize table below:
Daily Prize Winners
Share of $29,000.00 over the Contest Period.
Participants who select the correct outcome(s) in a Daily Contest in a given World Cup round
$8,000.00 in Free Play Cash Prizes + $100,000.00 in GAME Credits.
Cash Prizes will be deposited into the Winners’ accounts within 72 hours of the conclusion of the Contest.
a. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW (OR MAY LIMIT) DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Applicable Rules And Winner’s List: For any legally required winners’ list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (unless otherwise prohibited by local law) to FanDuel, Inc., 300 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10010, Attn: Social Media Contests. All such requests must be received within three (3) months after the end of the Sweepstakes.
10. No Third Party Sponsor. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with any person or other entity, including any third party, other than FanDuel and GameCredits.
11. Publicity. Prize winners agree that their names, location, social media posts, and/or photos and videos tagged in response to contest posts may be used for marketing purposes. By participating in the Contest, the Winner agrees to refrain from any behavior or communication that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel or the FanDuel user community. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING YOUR NAME ON A WINNER’S LIST.
12. Additional Terms and Conditions. The decisions made by FanDuel management regarding, but not limited to, eligibility, winners, scoring, travel arrangement, rules, prizes and compliance with FanDuel’s standards of conduct. No correspondence will be entered into. FanDuel reserves the right to make reasonable changes to these terms, (a) to ensure the fairness of competition, and (b) in response to unanticipated developments (such as technical failures, errors, acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, and changes in applicable law.
13. Choice of Law and Disputes. Choice of law Disputes shall be subject to the provisions in FanDuel’s terms of service, which are hereby incorporated by reference, including Section 15, which contains a binding arbitration clause and a class action waiver. YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AS THEY MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
14. Conditions of Participation and Limitations of Liability.
By participating, entrants hereby release, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge Sponsor, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, divisions, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the sweepstakes or contest, and each of its and their directors, employees, officers, and agents from and against any and all third-party claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, injuries, or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from or relate to the sweepstakes or contest, including without limitation (i) the administration of the sweepstakes or contest, such as typographical, printing, seeding, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes or contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or any related materials, inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, or damaged entries, any delays in delivery or lack of availability of the prize or prize materials and/or (ii) entrants’ participation in a sweepstakes or contest offered by Sponsor or their acceptance or use of a prize, or participation in any prize related activities, including, without limitation, any travel related thereto, and death and bodily injury (including emotional distress), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the sweepstakes or contest or any sweepstakes or contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be (i) acting in violation of these Rules or (ii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the applicable sweepstakes or contest, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with a sweepstakes or contest as contemplated by any event beyond its control, including, without limitation, a force majeure, fire, flood, epidemic or other national health emergency, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared,) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, public health crisis, or other cause not reasonably within its control, then Sponsor shall also have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the respective sweepstakes or contest. In the event that a sweepstakes or contest is terminated, cancelled, or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the prize(s) will be awarded to the extent required by law.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTEST OFFERED BY SPONSOR IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.