Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the 2015 World Fantasy Basball Championship (WFBC). Here are the detailed rules for the contest.
The 2015 WFBC will pay out a total of $6,000,000 in cash prizes. $4,000,000 will be awarded to finalists according to their performance at the live final. $2,000,000 will be awarded to the runner-ups in Qualifier contests.
Players qualify for the WFBC Final by winning at least one of 90 entries FanDuel will award via WFBC Qualifier contests. Qualifier contests will award at least one entry into the WFBC Final, though FanDuel reserves the right to host Qualifiers awarding more than one entry as well as “Super” Qualifiers. Exactly 90 entries into the WFBC live final will be awarded via WFBC Qualifier contests.
In each Qualifier, the entrant whose team scores the most fantasy points in each will secure one entry to the WFBC Final. Some qualifiers may award multiple seats to top finishers.
The prize for each Qualifier Winner includes $1,000 airfare credit to be used in purchasing airfare to Las Vegas for the live final on August 22nd; a one-way transfer from the airport to the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas; three nights of accommodations at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas; entry for two to the Thursday welcome mixer; entry for the two to a Friday surprise event, which will feature a special guest; and entry for two to the Saturday Championship viewing party.
The WFBC allows each contestant a maximum of 4 entries. Should a player win a second entry, they may choose between transferring the trip package to a third party OR the cash value of the trip package ($4,000). This choice shall also be offered upon the same player winning a third and fourth entry. Once a player wins four entries to the WFBC Final, he is ineligible to enter into any future WFBC Qualifier contests.
Super Qualifiers may be held, in which multiple entries to the WFBC Live Final are awarded. The number of high scorers in each Super Qualifier who win an entry to the WFBC Final corresponds to the amount of entries to be awarded. For instance, if FanDuel announces that three entries to the WFBC Final will be awarded in a specific Super Qualifier, then the top three highest scoring entries in that Super Qualifier will each win one entry to the WFBC Final. Once a player wins four entries to the WFBC Final, he is ineligible to enter into and win any future qualifiers.
The WFBC Final will take place in Las Vegas on Saturday, August 22nd.
WFBC Teams and Scoring
Each Qualifying tournament will contain players from selected MLB games listed in the contest’s Info section.
Fantasy points and rosters for all contests will use standard FanDuel MLB rosters and scoring rules, as explained here: https://www.fanduel.com/rules.
In the event of a tie for first place in a qualifier, the tied players will play a one-day 'playoff' contest determine finishing position. All other ties (whether in the WFBC Final or in a Qualifier) will result in the tied players splitting the prizes for the tied finishing positions.
Eligibility for WFBC
Participation in the WFBC live final, and the payment of any prize won at the final, are contingent on strict compliance with the Affidavit of Eligibility. For example, no promotion of other websites or business - of any kind - is allowed by finalists at any events hosted by FanDuel in Las Vegas (these include the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday parties), unless explicit written permission has been granted by FanDuel in advance. FanDuel reserves the right to revoke attendance privileges at any event hosted by FanDuel should unauthorized promotion of a website or business take place.
Contestants will only be allowed to qualify for four seats in the WFBC live final.
All US resident WFBC finalists will be required to provide address and social security details prior to the finals event. These details will be used to file a 1099-MISC with the Internal Revenue Service for any players whose net profit on Fanduel during 2015 exceeds $600.
Publicity for WFBC Finalists
As described in further detail in the Affidavit of Eligibility, finalists agree that their full names, location and/or photos and videos will be used for marketing purposes. They also agree to speak to bloggers and other journalists and media personnel where applicable prior to, during and after the event, and they agree to participate in additional FanDuel marketing activities, all without additional compensation. Any finalist unprepared to adhere to this requirement will have their finishing position swapped with the first runner up that week. In other words, they'll receive a cash prize and the runner up will receive the Vegas trip and seat in the final.
The WFBC Final
The WFBC finalists will be given free accommodations for the nights of the 20th, 21st, and 22nd at The Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas. If the finalist cannot make the trip due to circumstances that FanDuel in its sole discretion deems extreme and outside the finalist’s control (which may include severe illness, potential loss of job, death in the family, etc.), FanDuel may authorize the finalist to nominate one other person to go in his or her place. However, the finalist will still be expected to fulfill their publicity obligations.
Additional WFBC Terms and Conditions
The decisions made by FanDuel management regarding, but not limited to, eligibility, winners, scoring, travel arrangement, rules, prizes and compliance with the Affidavit of Eligibility are considered final. No correspondence will be entered into. FanDuel reserves the right to make reasonable changes to these terms, (a) to ensure the fairness of competition, and (b) in response to unanticipated developments (such as technical failures, errors, acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, changes in applicable law, interruption in the MLB season, failure of stats provider, failure of hotel provider, and failure to obtain a minimum number of entrants).
Affidavit of Eligibility
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the FanDuel Fantasy Football Championship (“WFBC”), and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- I represent that the information provided above is accurate and complete. I represent that I am not a resident of Arizona, Iowa, Louisiana or Montana. I agree to bring government-issued photo identification to the WFBC Final Event (defined below) for FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
- I agree to attend the WFBC Final on Saturday, August 22nd at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas. Should I finish in the top three spots in the WFBC final and not attend the awards ceremony, I will be eligible to receive only 50% of any prize money I otherwise would win at the WFBC Final unless I obtain the FanDuel Chief Operating Officer’s written permission by 48 hours prior to the official start time of the Saturday event. Because of anticipated media presence and the significant marketing value the Saturday event has for FanDuel, and because the value of my participation in the Saturday event cannot be calculated with precision but likely is proportional to my ranking in the results of the WFBC Final, I agree that this prize reduction is a reasonable method for compensating the company for the losses it will sustain by reason of my failure to fully participate in the Saturday event.
- I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during the WFBC Final Event weekend that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, the WFBC Final Events or the FanDuel user community.
- I will participate in the following, without requesting additional compensation from FanDuel or any third party: I will speak with any interested bloggers and other journalists and media personnel throughout the WFBC Final Event, including when such personnel are recording the conversation for publication. I will speak with any interested bloggers and other journalists and media personnel throughout the WFBC Final Event, including when such personnel are recording the conversation for publication.
- o At FanDuel’s request, I will participate in a specified number of other hours of any FanDuel marketing-related activities that FanDuel organizes (whether during the WFBC Final Events weekend or otherwise, at FanDuel’s discretion), such as participating in FanDuel marketing photo shoots or interviews with the media, and I agree that my local travel to and from such activities will take place at my own expense and will not count toward the hour total. I agree to be available for these marketing-related activities from 30 days before the WFBC Final until 90 days after it. If I win first, second or third place in the WFBC Final, the total hours for these activities will be 30. Otherwise, the total hours will be 5.
- During the night of the WFBC Final and at the party the night before the WFBC Final, I will not participate in any promotional or marketing-related activities for other daily fantasy websites.
- FanDuel and its service providers may take photos or videos of me or in which I appear (“Images”) during the events and activities described in this Affidavit of Eligibility. I grant FanDuel ownership of any copyright or other rights I may have in the Images. I grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish, distribute, copy, perform and otherwise use in any manner the Images and derivative works thereof, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or without any name, in any medium, and in all media now or hereafter known, including over the Internet, for promotion, advertising, trade or commerce, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also grant FanDuel an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish and otherwise use my name for such purposes, whether or not in connection with the Images. I consent to the digital compositing or distortion of the Images, including any changes or alterations as to color, size, shape, perspective, context, foreground or background or associated audio. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction with such Images. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection with the Images or my name or the use to which they may be applied. I release and discharge FanDuel and its service providers and assigns from any liability in connection with their use of the Images or my name, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. This grant of rights is binding upon me and my heirs, estate, legal representatives, and assigns.