Warriors vs. Grizzlies Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, January 25, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Chase Center -- San Francisco, California
- Coverage: ESPN, NBCS-BA, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with 10 more games, including a battle between the Memphis Grizzlies and Golden State Warriors. The Grizzlies rank second in the Western Conference with an impressive 31-16 record, while the Warriors check in 10th with a 23-24 record.
Memphis enters on a three-game losing streak that includes a 133-100 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Monday. Meanwhile, Golden State has now dropped six of its last nine games following a 120-116 loss to the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday. Which Western Conference threat will win on Wednesday night?
Warriors vs. Grizzlies Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: GSW: (-162) | MEM: (+136)
- Spread: GSW: -3.5 (-110) | MEM: +3.5 (-110)
- Total: 245 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Warriors enter this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 245 points, which ranks as the highest of Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Warriors vs. Grizzlies Betting Trends
- The Warriors have covered the spread in a game 22 times this season (22-23-1).
- The Grizzlies have been underdogs by 2 points or more six times this year and have covered the spread twice.
- Warriors games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 26 times this season.
- Grizzlies games this season have gone over the total in 22 of 46 opportunities (47.8%).
- At home, Golden State owns a better record against the spread (14-8-1) compared to its ATS record in away games (8-15-0).
- Against the spread, Memphis has been better at home (14-8-0) than away (8-15-1).
Warriors vs. Grizzlies Prediction & Pick
Golden State held a 106-93 lead over Brooklyn with under seven minutes left before it was outscored 27-10 the rest of the way in a defensive collapse. It was more of the same for the Warriors as they allow 118.0 points per game (No. 26 in NBA) and a three-point shooting mark of 36.2% (No. 19 in NBA).
It's been a completely different season for the Memphis defense. The Grizzlies rank first in defensive efficiency and allow only 112.4 points per game (No. 10 in NBA). Head coach Taylor Jenkins' team has the length to contest every single shot, which should give Golden State some issues on Wednesday.
I'm going to fade the Warriors until they start to prove that they can stop an opponent from scoring.
Final Score Prediction: Warriors: 121 | Grizzlies: 124
Warriors vs. Grizzlies Best Bet
Bettors hesitant to back the Grizzlies as +136 underdogs on the moneyline should feel much more comfortable backing them as a +3.5 underdog on the spread. Memphis is 8-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last 12 games against Golden State and has even won seven of those games outright.
Golden State is only 1-4 ATS in its last five home games and needed everyone outside of Ja Morant to shoot 36.9% from the floor to earn a win over Memphis in December. Trust that guys like Jaren Jackson Jr. and Desmond Bane are going to find much more success against the Warriors this time.
Bet: Memphis Grizzlies +3.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.