Ferguson vs Gaethje Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 249 Interim Lightweight Championship Bout – Main Event
Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson (26-3-0, 12 KOs) Justin "The Highlight" Gaethje (21-2-0, 18 KOs)
Date: Saturday, May 9, 2020
Fight Time: This will be the last fight on the pay-per-view main card, which begins at 10 p.m. EST.
Venue: VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena — Jacksonville, FL
Ferguson vs Gaethje Odds & Betting Info
All Ferguson-Gaethje odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Tony Ferguson: (-178)
- Justin Gaethje: (+150)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- Ferguson by KO/TKO: (+260)
- Ferguson by Points : (+600)
- Ferguson by Submission: (+250)
- Gaethje by KO/TKO: (+195)
- Gaethje by Points : (+1200)
- Gaethje by Submission: (+3200)
Ferguson vs Gaethje Betting Trends & Stats
- Gaethje defeated Donald Cerrone, by TKO, in his most recent fight on Sep. 14, 2019.
- Ferguson defeated Donald Cerrone, by TKO, in his most recent fight on June 8, 2019.
- Gaethje holds the UFC record for most significant strikes landed per minute (8.57) and the UFC lightweight record for significant strike accuracy rate (55.6 percent).
- Ferguson lands an average of 5.81 and absorbs an average of 3.75 significant strikes per minute (+2.06 differential).
- Gaethje has attempted only 1 takedown in the UFC and has an 80 percent takedown defense rate.
- Ferguson has a 75 percent takedown defense rate and average 1.4 submission attempts per 15 minutes.
Ferguson vs Gaethje Prop Bet
All UFC 249 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Method & Round Combo: Justin Gaethje KO/KO & Round 1 (+500) — Gaethje is as aggressive as it gets, with the highest striking pace (8.57 significant strikes landed per minute) in UFC history. He also packs a ton of power in those strikes, with 86 percent of his wins having come by KO/TKO. Ferguson has never lost by KO/TKO, but at 36 years old we can expect to see his durability start to fade, and he has looked vulnerable against dangerous strikers (Lando Vannata and Anthony Pettis) before. Gaethje's best chance of scoring a KO/TKO win is doing it early when he's fresh.
Ferguson vs Gaethje Betting Promos
Promotions available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Colorado Residents only:
Get 5/1 odds on Tony Ferguson to beat Justin Gaethje at UFC 249.
Max bet $20, max win $100. Available to ALL users, new and existing. User must have made a deposit at any point in order to access the 5/1 market. Paid out in cash.
NJ, IN, PA Residents:
Get 10/1 odds on EITHER Tony Ferguson or Justin Gaethje to win their fight at UFC 249.
Max bet $10, max win $100. Available to NEW users, promo code ITSTIME. User will have to place the bet at the true moneyline odds, and will be credited at 10-1 afterwards. Paid out in site credit within 24 hours.
Get $20 FREE when you sign up for FanDuel Racing, plus we’ll match your first deposit in site credit up to $50!
Jason Schandl is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Jason Schandl also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username Jaymun. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.