Suns vs. Hawks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 1 (Can Atlanta Get Back to the .500 Mark?)
Suns vs. Hawks Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Coverage: ESPN, BSAZ, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Atlanta Hawks and Phoenix Suns. The Hawks rank eighth in the Eastern Conference with a 25-26 record, while the Suns check in seventh in the Western Conference with a 27-25 record.
Atlanta enters as a loser in four of its last five games following a 129-125 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Monday. Meanwhile, Phoenix has now won six of its last seven games thanks to a 114-106 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Monday. Which team will emerge victorious on Wednesday?
Suns vs. Hawks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PHO: (-118) | ATL: (+100)
- Spread: PHO: -1.5 (-108) | ATL: +1.5 (-112)
- Total: 229.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Suns enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 229.5 points, which is below average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Suns vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- The Suns have covered the spread 28 times this season (28-23-0).
- This year, the Hawks have an against-the-spread record of 11-8 in their 19 games as an underdog of 1.5 points or more.
- Suns games have gone over the total 24 times out of 48 chances this season.
- The Hawks have eclipsed the over/under 60.4% of the time this season (29 of 48 games with a set point total).
- Phoenix has a better record against the spread at home (16-11-0) than it does in road games (12-12-0).
- This year, Atlanta is 9-14-0 at home against the spread (.391 winning percentage). Away, it is 12-13-0 ATS (.480).
Suns vs. Hawks Prediction & Pick
The Suns have won four of their past five games, which coincides with the return of veteran point guard Chris Paul. The 12-time All-star has revamped the offense, averaging 21.6 points, 10.6 assists and 5.6 rebounds during that span. There's an opportunity for Paul to keep crushing it on Wednesday.
Atlanta ranks 22nd in defensive efficiency during road games and has allowed its opponents to shoot 52.9% from the floor over its last three games (No. 29 in NBA). The Hawks also rank 25th in total rebounding rate (48.7%), so expect a number of easy second-chance opportunities for the Suns.
Phoenix is 12-3 straight up in its last 15 home games against Atlanta, so rock with the Suns here.
Final Score Prediction: Suns: 118 | Hawks: 112
Suns vs. Hawks Best Bet
The Hawks were without their leading scorer on Monday as Trae Young was sidelined with an ankle injury. He remains questionable to play tonight and his absence would put an obvious dent in Atlanta's chances of winning. The Oklahoma product leads the team in points (27.2) and assists (9.9) per game.
Phoenix is 6-1 against the spread (ATS) in its last seven games, while Atlanta has lost six of its last seven games at the Footprint Center. The Hawks are not doing enough on defense to shut down an improving Suns' offense given they have allowed an average of 122.8 points in their last five games.
Bet: Phoenix Suns ML (-118)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.