This week’s Rothstein 45 is now live!
Check out our rankings below:
1. Purdue: Hosts Rutgers tonight in West Lafayette.
2. Kansas: Dajuan Harris has 39 assists in his last five games.
3. UConn: Andre Jackson is the top intangible player in college basketball.
4. Houston: Ja’Vier Francis has made a jump.
5. Texas: 5-0 under Rodney Terry.
6. Arizona: Has held five straight opponents to 70 points or fewer.
7. Gonzaga: Drew Timme is putting up “video game like” numbers.
8. Alabama: Buy stock in Nick Pringle.
9. Tennessee: The Vols' top five scorers have all taken between 93 and 122 shots.
10. Virginia: Had 14 steals in Saturday’s win at Georgia Tech.
11. UCLA: Held Washington to 49 points on its home floor.
12. Miami: More guards than Shawshank.
13. Xavier: 20 assists on 28 made field goals against UConn.
14. Baylor: 0-2 in true road games.
15. Arkansas: Wednesday’s game against Missouri is appointment TV.
16. TCU: Mike Miles is playing like an All-American.
17. Wisconsin: 5-2 in games decided by five points or fewer.
18. Indiana: Returns to action on Thursday against Iowa.
19. Duke: Jaylen Blakes has scored 17 in back-to-back games.
20. Missouri: Kobe Brown is the next Mfiondu Kabengele.
21. New Mexico: Josiah Allick had 15 and 15 on Saturday against Wyoming.
22. Kentucky: Two of its next four games are against Alabama and Tennessee.
23. Auburn: The ceiling depends on Johni Broome.
24. Mississippi State: Hasn’t scored more than 70 in its last five games.
25. Iowa State: Three of its next five games are on the road.
26. Marquette: Six different players have led this team in scoring.
27. Charleston: Still in the at-large conversation.
28. Ohio State: Pounded Northwestern into submission.
29. Kansas State: Markquis Nowell is playing the best basketball of his career.
30. North Carolina: Has a similar vibe to UCLA last season.
31. West Virginia: Tre Mitchell had a double-double — 16 points and 13 rebounds — in Saturday’s loss at Kansas State.
32. Memphis: Gave up 96 in Sunday’s loss against Tulane.
33. Illinois: Matthew Mayer has attempted 33 three-point shots in his last five games.
34. Michigan State: A different team with a healthy Malik Hall.
35. San Diego State: Matt Bradley averaged 25 points in a pair of wins last week.
36. Creighton: Baylor Scheierman is averaging 9.6 rebounds.
37. Penn State: Andrew Funk has made 10 three-point shots in his last two games.
38. Arizona State: 3-27 from three-point range in Saturday’s loss to Arizona.
39. Maryland: Took a snow day on Sunday against Michigan.
40. LSU: Moved the needle against Arkansas.
41. Rutgers: 7-2 when Cam Spencer scores in double figures.
42. Texas Tech: Can make a statement with back-to-back home games against Kansas and Oklahoma.
43. Virginia Tech: Needs to get Hunter Cattoor back healthy.
44. Saint Mary’s: 14th in the NET as of Sunday.
45. Providence: Devin Carter is a problem.
Jon Rothstein has been a college basketball insider for CBS Sports since 2010 and a contributor to the CBS Broadcast Network since 2016. He joined FanDuel in 2022 as a Content Creator. Rothstein is also the host of the College Hoops Today Podcast via Compass Media Networks.