The Tuesday slate in the MLB includes a matchup between the Boston Red Sox and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Before checking out the MLB betting lines on FanDuel Sportsbook, we've got you covered, in terms of the most important info regarding this matchup.
Red Sox vs Pirates Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (57-59) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (45-70)
- Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2022
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Venue: PNC Park -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Red Sox vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-142) | PIT: (+120)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+108) | PIT: +1.5 (-130)
- Total: 8.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Red Sox vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Boston Red Sox looking to Nick Pivetta (8-9), and Mitch Keller (4-8) answering the bell for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Red Sox vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Pirates win (52.5%)
Red Sox vs Pirates Moneyline
- Pittsburgh is a +120 underdog on the moneyline, while Boston is a -142 favorite on the road.
Red Sox vs Pirates Spread
- The Red Sox are favored by 1.5 runs on the road versus the Pirates. The Red Sox are +108 to cover the spread, while the Pirates are -130.
Red Sox vs Pirates Over/Under
- The Red Sox-Pirates game on August 16 has been given an over/under of 8.5 runs. The over is set at -110 and the under at -110.
Red Sox vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 29, or 55.8%, of the 52 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- This season, Boston has been victorious 16 times in 32 chances when named as a favorite of at least -142 or shorter on the moneyline.
- Contests with Boston have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 48 of 111 chances this season.
- The Pirates have compiled a 35-63 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 35.7% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has a 28-53 record (winning only 34.6% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +120 or longer.
- Pittsburgh has combined with opponents to go over the total 49 times this season for a 49-55-9 record against the over/under.