Pistons vs. Kings Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 16, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Little Caesars Arena -- Detroit, Michigan
- Coverage: BSDET and NBCS-CA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with 10 more games, including a battle between the Sacramento Kings and Detroit Pistons. The Kings rank sixth in the Western Conference with a 15-12 record, while the Pistons check in 14th in the Eastern Conference with a disappointing 8-22 record.
Sacramento enters as a victor in five of its last eight games. It took down the Toronto Raptors, 124-123, in its most recent contest on Wednesday. Meanwhile, the Pistons emerged victorious in a 141-134 overtime win over the Charlotte Hornets on Wednesday. Which team will come out on top Friday?
Pistons vs. Kings Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SAC: (-220) | DET: (+184)
- Spread: SAC: -5.5 (-112) | DET: +5.5 (-108)
- Total: 236.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Kings enter this contest as notable road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236.5 points, which is above average compared to the rest of Friday's projected totals.
Pistons vs. Kings Betting Trends
- The Kings have covered the spread 17 times in 26 games with a set spread.
- The Pistons have an against the spread record of 12-9-2 in their 23 games when underdogs by 5 points or more this season.
- Kings games have gone over the total 12 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Pistons have eclipsed the over/under 56.7% of the time this year (17 of 30 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Sacramento has played better at home, covering eight times in 12 home games, and nine times in 14 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Detroit has a lower winning percentage at home (.462, 6-5-2 record) than on the road (.588, 10-7-0).
Pistons vs. Kings Prediction & Pick
This is a classic matchup between an amazing offense and a dreadful defense. Sacramento ranks third in points per game (117.6) and fourth in shooting percentage (48.7%) this season. The Kings also roster six players averaging over 10.0 points per game, which gives them oustanding depth.
The Pistons rank 29th in defensive efficiency this season and are allowing a whopping 117.6 points per game (No. 29 in NBA). They also allow their opponent to shoot 56.6% from two-point range (No. 26 in NBA). Sacramento big men like Domantas Sabonis and Harrison Barnes should dominate here.
Detroit has lost six of its last seven home games, so I feel comfortable backing the Kings on the road.
Final Score Prediction: Pistons: 110 | Kings: 121
Pistons vs. Kings Best Bet
Keep in mind these teams have already met once this season when Sacramento beat Detroit, 137-129, at the Golden 1 Center. This game may be on the road for the Kings, but that is where they thrive. Head coach Mike Brown's team is 9-6 against the spread (ATS) across 15 away games this season.
On the other side, Detroit is only 5-7-1 ATS in its 13 home games this year. Each of the Pistons' last nine losses have come by at least six points, too. This is a team that regularly gets crushed at the end of fourth quarters because it lacks experience. That will remain true when the Kings build a late lead.
Bet: Sacramento Kings -5.5 (-112)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.