Nets vs. Lakers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 30 (Can LA Keep Up Without LeBron?)
Nets vs. Lakers Game Info
- Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: NBA TV, YES, and SportsNet LA
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with eight more games, including a battle between the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets. The Lakers rank 13th in the Western Conference with a 23-27 record, while the Nets check in fourth in the Eastern Conference with a reliable 30-19 record.
Los Angeles enters as a victor in three of its last five games, but fell short in a 125-121 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Saturday. Meanwhile, Brooklyn has now won three of its last five games after taking down the New York Knicks by a score of 122-115 on Saturday. Which team will win on Monday?
Nets vs. Lakers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BKN: (-370) | LAL: (+295)
- Spread: BKN: -9 (-110) | LAL: +9 (-110)
- Total: 230.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nets enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 230.5 points, which is below average compared to Monday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Nets vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- The Nets are 24-23-0 against the spread this season.
- The Lakers have yet to cover the spread this year when underdogs by 9.5 points or more in four chances.
- Games involving the Nets have hit the over 19 times out of 48 chances this season.
- Lakers games this year have gone over the total in 26 of 48 opportunities (54.2%).
- Against the spread, Brooklyn has played worse at home, covering 10 times in 22 home games, and 14 times in 25 road games.
- Against the spread, Los Angeles has performed better at home (12-11-1) than away (11-12-1).
Nets vs. Lakers Prediction & Pick
This game had the blueprint of a classic battle between LeBron James and Kyrie Irving, who won an NBA title together in 2016. However, James has been ruled out with left ankle soreness. Anthony Davis will not play, either, as he is dealing with a right foot stress injury. The Lakers are short-handed.
It'll be up to players like Russell Westbrook and Thomas Bryant to lead LA to a win on Monday. That'll be no easy task as Brooklyn ranks 10th in defensive efficiency and allows only 111.7 points per game (No. 6 in NBA). The Nets also allow an opponent shooting percentage of just 45.4% (No. 3 in NBA).
Brooklyn is 12-4 straight up in its last 16 home games, so give me the Nets to win on Monday.
Final Score Prediction: Nets: 123 | Lakers: 113
Nets vs. Lakers Best Bet
Even though the Lakers are missing two stars tonight, they're still a team that averages the most points per away game in the NBA (116.3). LA will likely only need to score around 110 for the over to cash tonight as Brooklyn is averaging an impressive 124.3 points per game over its last four contests.
Keep in mind 110 points is a mark the Lakers have hit in 14 of their last 15 games. The total has hit the over in four of Brooklyn's last six games overall as well as in four of its last five games against a Pacific Division foe. The absences of James and Davis should not have moved the total this low.
Bet: Over 230.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.