Nets vs. Heat Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 15 (Can Brooklyn Take Advantage of Miami's Injuries?)
Nets vs. Heat Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: YES and BSSUN
Wednesday, Feb. 15's NBA schedule features a collision between the Miami Heat (32-26) and Brooklyn Nets (33-24) at 7:30 p.m. ET.
The Heat look to get back into the win column after falling 112-108 to the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. At the same time, the Nets hope to avoid a three-game losing streak after losing 124-106 to the New York Knicks earlier this week.
So, which of these two teams will taste victory tonight?
Nets vs. Heat Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIA: (-102) | BKN: (-120)
- Spread: MIA: +1 (-110) | BKN: -1 (-110)
- Total: 211.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nets enter this contest as slim home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 211.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Nets vs. Heat Betting Trends
- The Heat are 23-34-1 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, the Nets have been installed as underdogs by a 1.5-point margin or more 18 times and are 11-7 ATS in those matchups.
- Heat games have gone over the total 25 times out of 54 chances this season.
- Nets games this season have gone over the total in 24 of 54 opportunities (44.4%).
- Against the spread, Miami has fared worse when playing at home, covering nine times in 29 home games, and 14 times in 29 road games.
- Against the spread, Brooklyn has been better at home (15-12-0) than on the road (14-13-0).
Nets vs. Heat Prediction & Pick
The Heat might have more recent success than the Nets, but they'll be dealing with a depleted lineup tonight. Miami has already ruled out Kyle Lowry (knee), Tyler Herro (knee) and Victor Oladipo (ankle) for tonight's festivities while Duncan Robinson is questionable with a finger injury.
Nevertheless, the Heat still have Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo, who are both better than anyone on the Nets. Brooklyn has looked awful since trading away Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving, going 1-4 in the last five games while losing by an average of 5.0 points. It does help that the Nets are also coming off an 18-point loss to the Knicks.
With the Heat allowing the second-fewest points (108.2 PPG) with the fourth-best defensive efficiency, I don't see the Nets having enough offensive success to win this evening. Expect Miami to grind out a hard-fought win.
Final Score Prediction: Heat: 106 | Nets: 101
Nets vs. Heat Best Bet
There's a good chance that this game will develop into a low-scoring affair. For starters, the Heat's injuries and strong defense already increase the probability of fewer points being scored. Secondly, the Nets' offense has been far from impressive, averaging just 102 points over the last two games.
In addition to the under being 8-4 in the Heat's last 12 games, it's also 6-1 in their last seven meetings with the Nets. At the end of the day, there's no reason to expect many points to be scored tonight.
Bet: Under 211.5 Points (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.