Michigan State vs Indiana Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 21 (Spartans' Defense Keeps Hoosiers in Check)
Michigan State vs Indiana Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Michigan State (16-10, 8-7 Big Ten) vs. No. 17 Indiana (19-8, 10-6 Big Ten)
- Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Jack Breslin Students Events Center -- East Lansing, Michigan
- Coverage: ESPN
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Monday with an exciting matchup between the No. 17 Indiana Hoosiers and Michigan State Spartans. Indiana snuck past Illinois by a score of 71-68 on Saturday thanks to Trayce Jackson-Davis. The senior tallied 26 points and 12 rebounds in the win.
Meanwhile, Michigan State couldn't keep up in an 84-72 loss to Michigan on Saturday. The Spartans allowed the Wolverines to shoot 49.2% from the floor and attempt 21 free throws. Staying above the .500 mark in conference play is crucial now. Which Big Ten squad will emerge victorious on Tuesday?
Michigan State vs Indiana Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MICHST: (-156) | IND: (+130)
- Spread: MICHST: -2.5 (-120) | IND: +2.5 (-102)
- Total: 136.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Michigan State enters this contest as a small home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 136.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Michigan State vs Indiana Betting Trends
- Michigan State is 13-13-0 against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Spartans are 8-6.
- Michigan State has seen 12 of its 26 games hit the over.
- Indiana's record against the spread is 14-13-0.
- As a 1.5-point underdog or greater, the Hoosiers have two wins ATS (2-5).
- Indiana has played 27 games this year, and 14 of them have gone over the total.
|Michigan State Rank||Michigan State AVG||Indiana AVG||Indiana Rank|
Michigan State vs Indiana Prediction & Pick
Indiana has shown that it does not have the depth to keep up when on the road. The Hoosiers roster only two players averaging more than 10.0 points per game, which has led to an average scoring margin of -2.8 in away games. Playing in front of a passionate crowd in East Lansing won't be easy.
Michigan State has posted a 10-2 record at home this season as it is allowing only 59.8 points per game (No. 20 in NCAA) on an opponent shooting percentage of 38.5%. The Spartans' defense knows that taking Jackson-Davis out of the game would give the team a great opportunity to earn a victory.
Michigan State has won 18 of its last 20 home games against Indiana, so trust the Spartans here.
Final Score Prediction: Michigan State: 68 | Indiana: 64
Michigan State vs Indiana Best Bet
There's no overstating how dominant the Spartans have been on the defensive side of the court when in front of their fans. Michigan State ranks 41st in terms of defensive efficiency and has not allowed more than 64 points in any of their last six home games. It is both aggressive and smart.
Indiana averages 68.9 points per road game on the season, but has not crossed the 62-point mark in any of its last four games away from home. The Hoosiers average 13.3 turnovers per away game as well. This game is going to be won on defense, so don't back Indiana to ball out on the offensive side.
Bet: Indiana Hoosiers Under 67.5 Points (-112)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.