Mavericks vs. Hawks Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: American Airlines Center -- Dallas, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN, BSSW, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks. The Hawks rank ninth in the Eastern Conference with a 22-22 record, while the Mavericks check in fifth in the Western Conference with a 24-21 record.
Atlanta enters as a victor in four of its last five games following a 121-113 win over the Miami Heat on Monday. Meanwhile, Dallas has dropped four of its last five games after falling short in a 140-123 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday. Which playoff hopeful will earn a victory on Wednesday night?
Mavericks vs. Hawks Odds & Spread
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DAL: (-134) | ATL: (+114)
- Spread: DAL: -2.5 (-110) | ATL: +2.5 (-110)
- Total: 233.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Mavericks enter this contest as slight home favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 233.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Mavericks vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- The Mavericks have put together a 16-28-1 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Hawks have an ATS record of 7-4 in their 11 games as an underdog of 3 points or more.
- This season, 26 of the Mavericks' games have gone over the point total out of 41 chances.
- Hawks games this year have hit the over 56.1% of the time (23 out of 41 games with a set point total).
- Dallas has covered the spread in a higher percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered nine times in 22 opportunities when playing at home, and it has covered seven times in 23 opportunities on the road.
- Atlanta's winning percentage against the spread at home is .400 (8-12-0). Away, it is .429 (9-12-0).
Mavericks vs. Hawks Prediction & Pick
The Hawks are getting healthier as both Clint Capela and Bogdan Bogdanovic made their returns from injuries on Monday. They are set to play a Mavericks team that will be without Dorian Finney-Smith, Maxi Kleber and Tim Hardaway Jr. due to injuries. Luka Doncic has been upgraded to probable.
The Hawks catch the Mavericks at the perfect time here and I think they take advantage of that. Atlanta ranks among the top 10 NBA teams in points and shooting percentage in road games this season. It also forces 15.0 turnovers per away game, which is the 10th-best mark in the league.
Dallas has lost 11 of its last 13 games against an Eastern Conference foe, so fade the Mavs.
Final Score Prediction: Mavericks: 113 | Hawks: 117
Mavericks vs. Hawks Best Bet
Dallas enters Wednesday 1-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games overall and 1-5 ATS in its last six games played on a Wednesday. On the other side, Atlanta is 13-4 ATS in its last 17 head-to-head games against Dallas. The Mavericks won by more than two points in four of those contests.
Dallas will need some time to adjust without a couple of its key role players healthy and Atlanta will start hot, as they usually do on the road. The Hawks average 29.5 first quarter points away from home (No. 7 in NBA). In what lines up to be a nail-biter, take the points with the underdog Hawks.
Bet: Atlanta Hawks +2.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.