Magic vs. Wizards Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Amway Center -- Orlando, Florida
- Coverage: BSFL and NBCS-DC
The Orlando Magic will host the Washington Wizards at the Amway Center in what's one of the NBA's nine matchups slated for Friday, Dec. 30.
The Wizards have looked like a completely different team lately, defeating the Phoenix Suns, 127-102, on Wednesday to mark their third straight win. Meanwhile, the Magic have returned to their losing ways, falling 121-101 to the Detroit Pistons two nights ago.
Can the Wizards continue their newfound success? Or will hometown support help the Magic return to the win column?
Magic vs. Wizards Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WSH: (-200) | ORL: (+168)
- Spread: WSH: -5 (-112) | ORL: +5 (-108)
- Total: 225.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Wizards enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 225.5 points, which is on the low end of Friday's totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Magic vs. Wizards Betting Trends
- The Magic are 19-13-2 against the spread this season.
- The Wizards have an against the spread record of 10-11 in their 21 games as an underdog of 1.5 points or more this season.
- Magic games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 33 chances this season.
- Wizards games this season have eclipsed the over/under 14 times in 33 opportunities (42.4%).
- Orlando has a better record against the spread at home (12-5-0) than it does on the road (7-8-2).
- Washington has been better against the spread away (8-10-0) than at home (6-8-1) this season.
Magic vs. Wizards Prediction & Pick
The Wizards have gotten the best of some good teams during their winning streak, notching wins against the Suns, Philadelphia 76ers and Sacramento Kings. Washington won those games by an average of 14.7 points, holding each opponent to an average of 108.
It's hard trusting the Magic, who have lost to the Pistons and underperforming Lakers in their last two games. Orlando also boasts a minus-20 scoring margin in its last three games while its minus-1.3 margin at home is fifth-worst in the NBA.
The Wizards have also won five straight games against the Magic, holding the latter to 106 or fewer points in three of the last four meetings. With how well Washington's defense has played lately, I won't be shocked if that trend continues.
Final Score Prediction: Wizards: 117 | Magic: 109
Magic vs. Wizards Best Bet
I'm looking at the Wizards to cover the spread as the game's best bet. Washington has covered the spread in five of its last six games and has been playing some fantastic basketball lately.
Although the Magic are 10-2 against the spread in their last 12 games, eight of their players will miss tonight's contest after being suspended due to Wednesday's altercation in Detroit. Needless to say, I don't think that Orlando has enough NBA talent to keep things close.
Bet: Wizards -5 (-112)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.