Kings vs. Magic Game Info
- Date: Monday, January 9, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Golden 1 Center -- Sacramento, California
- Coverage: NBCS-CA and BSFL
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with six more games, including a battle between the Orlando Magic and Sacramento Kings. The Magic rank 13th in the Eastern Conference with a 15-25 record, while the Kings check in fifth in the Western Conference with a respectable 20-18 record.
Orlando enters as a a loser in four of its last six games, but did take down the Golden State Warriors by a score of 115-101 on Saturday. Meanwhile, Sacramento has dropped three of its last four games following a 136-134 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Saturday. Which team will win on Monday?
Kings vs. Magic Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: SAC: (-225) | ORL: (+188)
- Spread: SAC: -6 (-110) | ORL: +6 (-110)
- Total: 237.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Kings enter this contest as notable home favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 237.5 points, which is about average when compared to Monday's projected totals.
Kings vs. Magic Betting Trends
- The Kings are 20-17-0 against the spread this season.
- The Magic have an ATS record of 15-8-2 in their 25 games when underdogs by 6 points or more this year.
- This season, 17 of the Kings' games have gone over the point total out of 38 chances.
- The Magic have gone over the point total 50% of the time this season (19 of 38 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Sacramento has fared worse when playing at home, covering nine times in 20 home games, and 11 times in 17 road games.
- This year, Orlando is 13-7-0 at home against the spread (.650 winning percentage). Away, it is 8-8-2 ATS (.444).
Kings vs. Magic Prediction & Pick
The Magic have started to turn things around thanks to a reliance on their size and length. Orlando controls the glass by allowing only 50.3 opponent rebounds per game (No. 6 in NBA) and keeps games within reach by giving up an opponent three-point shooting mark of 34.1% (No. 2 in NBA).
The bad news for Orlando is that Sacramento thrives from inside the arc. The Kings have posted the best two-point shooting percentage in the NBA (58.4%) and can hit mid-range shots with ease. The Magic are allowing an opponent two-point shooting percentage of 56.8% (No. 28 in NBA) this year.
Sacramento is also 4-1 straight up in its last five games against Orlando, so give me the Kings here.
Final Score Prediction: Kings: 123 | Magic: 112
Kings vs. Magic Best Bet
There's no denying that the Kings are in a slump right now. However, their next four games come against teams with losing records. Head coach Mike Brown is going to have his team motivated to stay in playoff contention with a new winning streak. A winning streak that starts on Monday night.
Sacramento is 8-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last 12 games against Orlando and has earned an outright win in nine of those contests. When these teams met head-to-head in October, the Kings overcame an 18-point halftime deficit to win the game. They'll be the one pulling away early this time.
Bet: Sacramento Kings -6 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.