Kentucky vs Ole Miss Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 31 (Wildcats Don't Look Back After Hot Start)
Kentucky vs Ole Miss Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Kentucky (14-7, 5-3 SEC) vs. Ole Miss (9-12, 1-7 SEC)
- Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: The Pavilion at Ole Miss -- Oxford, Mississippi
Tuesday, Jan. 31's NCAA college basketball slate features an SEC clash as the Kentucky Wildcats look to pile on to the Ole Miss Rebel's woes in a trip to Oxford, MS.
Kentucky could use a bounce-back victory after Saturday's 77-68 loss to ranked Kansas halted the Wildcats' winning streak at four games. On the other hand, Ole Miss aims to do something it's rarely done lately: win. The Rebels dropped to 1-9 in their last 10 games with an 82-60 blowout loss to Oklahoma State.
Can Kentucky continue adding to its victory column with a strong road effort? Or will Ole Miss do the unthinkable and upset the Wildcats?
Kentucky vs Ole Miss Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UK: (-335) | MISS: (+265)
- Spread: UK: -7.5 (-110) | MISS: +7.5 (-110)
- Total: 135.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Kentucky enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 135.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Kentucky vs Ole Miss Betting Trends
- Kentucky has nine wins in 21 games against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats' ATS record as 6.5-point favorites or more is 6-7.
- Kentucky has played 21 games this season, and 12 of them have gone over the total.
- Ole Miss' record against the spread is 7-14-0.
- As a 6.5-point underdog or greater, the Rebels have one win ATS (1-4) this year.
- This season, nine of Ole Miss' 21 games have hit the over.
|Kentucky Rank||Kentucky AVG||Ole Miss AVG||Ole Miss Rank|
Kentucky vs Ole Miss Prediction & Pick
Kentucky has found success this season due to an exciting offense. The Wildcats average 75.3 PPG (No. 65) while shooting 45.9% from the field (No. 78) and 36.2% from the three-point line (No. 65). It certainly helps that their ball movement — highlighted by 16.3 assists per game (No. 19) — leads to a ton of open shots.
There just isn't a world where Ole Miss can keep up with that offense. The Rebels only average 67.1 PPG (No. 257) and have been held to 65 or fewer points in seven of their last 10 games. On top of owning a minus-0.2 scoring margin this season (T-No. 187), Ole Miss is a minus-15.3 over its last three games, whereas Kentucky is a plus-5.3 in that span.
With the Wildcats also winning 12 of their last 13 games against the Rebels, it's safe to say that this is Kentucky's game to lose.
Final Score Prediction: Kentucky: 77 | Ole Miss: 65
Kentucky vs Ole Miss Best Bet
Slow starts have plagued Ole Miss throughout the 2022-23 campaign. The Rebels only average 31.1 first-half points (No. 270) and have found themselves trailing by an average of 6.7 points at halftime over the last three games. Meanwhile, Kentucky averages 35.6 points in the first frame (No. 73) and owns a plus-3.9 first-half margin (No. 79) this season.
With how poorly Ole Miss has been playing lately, I fully expect Kentucky to be up by a decent margin at halftime, covering the first-half spread in the process.
Bet: First-Half Spread: Kentucky -3.5 (-118)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.