Jazz vs. Cavaliers Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Vivint Arena -- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Coverage: SportsNet RM and BSOH
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Tuesday with seven more games, including a battle between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Utah Jazz. The Cavaliers rank fourth in the Eastern Conference with a stellar 26-15 record, while the Jazz check in 11th in the Western Conference with a 20-23 record.
Cleveland enters as a victor in four of its last five games after taking down the Phoenix Suns by a score of 112-98 on Sunday. Meanwhile, Utah has now dropped seven of its last eight games following a 123-118 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday. Which playoff hopeful will win on Tuesday night?
Jazz vs. Cavaliers Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UTAH: (+120) | CLE: (-142)
- Spread: UTAH: +2.5 (-108) | CLE: -2.5 (-112)
- Total: 227 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this contest as small road favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227 points, which is about average when compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Jazz vs. Cavaliers Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers have compiled an 18-18-4 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Jazz have an against-the-spread record of 10-4 in their 14 games as an underdog of 4 points or more.
- Games involving the Cavaliers have hit the over 19 times out of 42 chances this season.
- Jazz games this season have hit the over on 24 of 42 set point totals (57.1%).
- Against the spread, Cleveland has fared better at home, covering 12 times in 21 home games, and six times in 19 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Utah has a lower winning percentage at home (.526, 10-8-1 record) than on the road (.565, 13-10-0).
Jazz vs. Cavaliers Prediction & Pick
Donovan Mitchell is back in Utah for the first time since his blockbuster trade this past offseason. The 26-year-old spent the first five years of his NBA career with the Jazz and earned three All-Star nods. Leading his new team to a win in his former home arena may be tougher than he realizes, though.
Utah is averaging a ridiculous 120.5 points over its last four games and ranks fourth in offensive efficiency at home this season. Cleveland has been relying on its standout defense throughout the season, but it's a defense that has allowed an average of 114.0 points over its last four away games.
Utah is also 7-2 straight up in its last nine games against Cleveland, so I'll rock with a Jazz upset win.
Final Score Prediction: Jazz: 116 | Cavaliers: 112
Jazz vs. Cavaliers Best Bet
Cleveland has become a team that finds a way to win the game, yet never truly blows a team out. The Cavaliers are just 3-10-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last 14 away games and 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games in January. They are also a dismal 3-10-1 ATS in their last 14 games against the Jazz.
Utah is undoubtedly in a slump, but it's worth reiterating the advantage of playing at home. The Jazz are 12-7 at Vivint Arena this season and have posted an average scoring margin of +4.9 in those contests. The Cavaliers are 8-11 on the road and set to enter an even rowdier atmosphere than usual.
Bet: Utah Jazz +2.5 (-108)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.