Hawks vs. Lakers Game Info
- Date: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: State Farm Arena -- Atlanta, Georgia
- Coverage: NBA TV, BSSE, and SportsNet LA
Nine NBA matchups are scheduled for Friday, Dec. 30, including an inter-conference meeting between the Atlanta Hawks (17-18) and Los Angeles Lakers (14-21).
After a strong performance in Orlando, the Lakers were brougth back down to earth with Wednesday's 112-98 loss to the Miami Heat. Meanwhile, the Hawks kept things close against the Brooklyn Nets two nights ago, but couldn't get the job done, ultimately picking up a 108-107 loss.
Can the Lakers return to their winning ways tonight? Or will the Hawks continue looking strong at State Farm Arena?
Hawks vs. Lakers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: LAL: (+220) | ATL: (-270)
- Spread: LAL: +7.5 (-110) | ATL: -7.5 (-110)
- Total: 241.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Hawks enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 241.5 points, which is among the highest of Friday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Hawks vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- The Hawks have covered the spread 13 times this season (13-19-0).
- This year, the Lakers have just one against the spread win in 10 games as an underdog of 7 points or more.
- Hawks games have gone over the total 19 times out of 34 chances this season.
- Lakers games this season have eclipsed the over/under 58.8% of the time (20 out of 34 games with a set point total).
- Atlanta has done a better job covering the spread when playing at home (7-10-0) than it has in road affairs (6-9-0).
- This year, Los Angeles is 7-8-1 at home against the spread (.438 winning percentage). Away, it is 6-12-0 ATS (.333).
Hawks vs. Lakers Prediction & Pick
The Lakers have given people next to no reasons to trust them lately. They've lost five of their last six games and have allowed at least 124 points on four different occasions in that span. The Lakers have also averaged 16.2 turnovers in those games, which is tied for the third-most over that stretch.
The Hawks haven't been perfect, but they're at least 6-4 straight up in their last 10 home games, scoring 123-plus points in three of their last five outings at State Farm Arena. It's also probable that Atlanta will have Trae Young (calf) back in the lineup. Considering how he's averaging 27.3 PPG this season, his presence will only help the Hawks soar against the Lakers' middling defense.
Until the Lakers be successful for long periods of time, it's best to fade them. Instead, back the Hawks picking up another home win tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Hawks: 128 | Lakers: 118
Hawks vs. Lakers Best Bet
Although Trae Young has been inconsistent from three-point range this season, he's started to look much better lately. He's gone 18-of-39 (46.2%) from beyond the arc in his last five games, leading to a projected total of 2.5 three-pointers tonight on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Young shouldn't have any issues surpassing that number. For starters, he's recorded over 2.5 three in each of his last four outings. Secondly, the Lakers allow 12.7 three-pointers per game (10th-most) and are also tied for giving up the sixth-most threes to point guards.
After Young sunk four three-pointers in his last outing against the Lakers back in January, I'm expecting another solid shooting performance from the former Oklahoma product.
Bet: Trae Young — Threes Made: Over 2.5 (-111)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.