Duke vs Notre Dame Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 14 (Fighting Irish Keep Falling in ACC Standings)
Duke vs Notre Dame Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Duke (17-8, 8-6 ACC) vs. Notre Dame (10-15, 2-12 ACC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Cameron Indoor Stadium -- Durham, North Carolina
- Coverage: ESPN
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and Duke Blue Devils. Notre Dame has now dropped seven of its last eight games thanks to a 93-87 loss to Virginia Tech on Saturday. Nate Laszewski racked up 33 points there.
Meanwhile, Duke couldn't bounce back after getting blown out by Miami as it lost to Virginia by a score of 69-62 in overtime on Saturday. Jeremy Roach led the way with 16 points, while Ryan Young grabbed 11 rebounds off the bench. Which ACC squad will get back on track with a win on Tuesday?
Duke vs Notre Dame Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: DUKE: (-850) | N DAME: (+570)
- Spread: DUKE: -11.5 (-120) | N DAME: +11.5 (-102)
- Total: 140.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Duke enters this contest as a considerable home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 140.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Duke vs Notre Dame Betting Trends
- Duke is 9-16-0 against the spread this season.
- As 12.5-point favorites or more, the Blue Devils are 4-4 against the spread.
- Out of 25 Duke's games so far this year, 10 have gone over the total.
- Notre Dame has beaten the spread six times in 25 games.
- The Fighting Irish are winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 12.5-point underdogs this season.
- Notre Dame has seen 16 of its 25 games go over the point total.
|Duke Rank||Duke AVG||Notre Dame AVG||Notre Dame Rank|
Duke vs Notre Dame Prediction & Pick
Notre Dame's hot start to the season was a benefit from a weak schedule prior to conference play more than anything else. The Fighting Irish have slid all the way down to 13th in the ACC with a 2-12 record (10-15 overall). They rank 210th in the country when it comes to average scoring margin (-1.7).
Duke was on the right track prior to its last two losses and that's why it is a big home favorite here. Of course, it helps that the Blue Devils average a reliable 77.3 points per home game and shoot 45.8% at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Look for freshman Kyle Filipowski to torment the Fighting Irish defense.
Duke is riding a 10-game home winning streak, too, so back the Blue Devils with confidence tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Duke: 78 | Notre Dame: 62
Duke vs Notre Dame Best Bet
There's a reason Filipowski sticks out in this matchup. Notre Dame is allowing an opposing two-point shooting percentage of 53.3% (No. 311 in NCAA) and just gave up 25 free throw attempts to Virginia Tech on Saturday. Duke's frontcourt should have no issues getting to the basket on Tuesday night.
Notre Dame is a dismal 4-14 against the spread (ATS) in its last 18 games overall and 1-8 ATS in its last nine games against Duke. The Blue Devils have already covered a few big spreads this season, including a 43-point win over Georgia Tech as a 9-point favorite. They know how to get the job done.
Bet: Duke Blue Devils -11.5 (-120)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.