Cavaliers vs. Heat Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 31 (Can Cleveland Stay Dominant in Home Games?)
Cavaliers vs. Heat Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- Coverage: BSOH and BSSUN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Tuesday with five more games, including a battle between the Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers. The Heat rank sixth in the Eastern Conference with a 28-23 record, while the Cavaliers check in fifth with a 31-21 record. This one could truly go either way.
Miami enters as a victor in four of its last six games, but fell short in a 122-117 loss to the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday. Meanwhile, Cleveland has now won three of its last five games thanks to a 122-99 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Sunday. Which Eastern Conference foe will win tonight?
Cavaliers vs. Heat Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CLE: (-220) | MIA: (+184)
- Spread: CLE: -5.5 (-110) | MIA: +5.5 (-110)
- Total: 211 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 211.5 points, which ranks as the lowest of Tuesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Cavaliers vs. Heat Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers have covered the spread 24 times over 51 games with a set spread.
- The Heat are 4-3 ATS when underdogs by 5 points or more this year.
- Cavaliers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 24 times this season.
- The Heat have gone over the point total 43.1% of the time this season (22 of 51 games with a set point total).
- Cleveland owns a better record against the spread at home (15-8-2) than it does in road games (9-15-2).
- Miami has performed better against the spread on the road (12-13-0) than at home (9-16-1) this year.
Cavaliers vs. Heat Prediction & Pick
The Eastern Conference is stacked with teams capable of making a run to the finals, which makes games like this one crucial. The Heat visited Cleveland earlier this season and couldn't keep up in a 113-87 blowout loss to the Cavaliers. I expect the same result tonight, but not by a massive margin.
The Cavaliers have been stellar at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse this year, posting a 21-5 record and a +8.3 average scoring margin (No. 4 in NBA). That success is built on a defense that allows only 106.9 points per game on an opponent shooting mark of 46.7%, which are both top-10 marks in the NBA.
Cleveland has won six straight games against Southeast Division opponents, so rock with the Cavs.
Final Score Prediction: Cavaliers: 112 | Heat: 104
Cavaliers vs. Heat Best Bet
Jimmy Butler is questionable to suit up for this game with a quad contusion and his absence would obviously put a huge dent in the Heat's chances of earning an upset win. On the other side, Cleveland is expected to get veteran Kevin Love back from injury tonight, which adds a spark to the bench unit.
Miami is 1-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last five games overall and 2-6-1 ATS in its last nine games against a Central Division opponent. The Heat have been up-and-down all season long and they're in one of those down periods right now. Take advantage of the short line here and back the home team.
Bet: Cleveland Cavaliers -5.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.