Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 2 (Cavs Defense Shines Against Reeling Grizzlies)
Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Game Info
- Date: Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Venue: Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse -- Cleveland, Ohio
- Coverage: TNT
The Memphis Grizzlies (32-19) look to put their losing ways behind them when they visit the Cleveland Cavaliers (31-22) in one of seven NBA games slated for Thursday, Feb. 2.
The Grizzlies were in action last night, picking up a 122-112 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers, marking Ja Morant and co.'s six loss in its last seven outings. Meanwhile, the Cavaliers hope to bounce back from Tuesday's 100-97 loss to the Miami Heat.
Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MEM: (+188) | CLE: (-225)
- Spread: MEM: +6 (-110) | CLE: -6 (-110)
- Total: 224 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 224 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers are 24-24-4 against the spread this season.
- This year, the Grizzlies have just one ATS win in three games as an underdog of 5 points or more.
- This season, Cavaliers games have hit the over 24 times out of 50 chances.
- Grizzlies games this year have gone over the total in 22 of 50 opportunities (44%).
- Against the spread, Cleveland has fared better when playing at home, covering 15 times in 26 home games, and nine times in 26 road games.
- This year, Memphis is 15-9-0 at home against the spread (.625 winning percentage). On the road, it is 9-16-1 ATS (.346).
Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Prediction & Pick
I can't trust the Grizzlies until they show legitimate signs of turning things around. Memphis' offense is only averaging 110.7 points over its last seven games (sixth-worst), which isn't helped by the fact that the Grizzlies own the worst field-goal and second-worst three-point percentages over that stretch.
Now, that lethargic offense has to go up against one of the best defenses in the NBA. On top of holding opponents to 46.6% shooting from the field, the Cavaliers surrender a league-low 106.8 PPG with a plus-4.5 scoring margin (No. 2). Furthermore, the last three teams to visit Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse have only averaged 100.3 PPG against Cleveland.
After losing to the Grizzlies two weeks ago, the Cavaliers will be even more motivated to get the job done tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Cavaliers: 115 | Grizzlies: 108
Cavaliers vs. Grizzlies Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I support the Cavaliers covered as 6-point favorites. For starters, they're 16-9-2 ATS at home this season, whereas the Grizzlies are 9-16-1 ATS in away contests. Speaking of which, Memphis is also 2-6 ATS in its last eight games.
Considering how the Cavaliers have covered the spread in seven of their last 10 meetings with the Grizzlies, a defense-first effort should lead to Cleveland covering once again tonight.
Bet: Cavaliers -6 (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.