Anthony Smith vs. Magomed Ankalaev Odds, Prediction, Fight Info & Betting For UFC 277 on FanDuel Sportsbook
Smith vs Ankalaev Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 277 — Main Card Light Heavyweight Bout
Anthony "Lionheart" Smith (36-16-0, 20 KO's, 14 Submissions) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (17-1-0, 9 KO's, 0 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the main card, which begins at 10 p.m. ET.
Venue: American Airlines Center — Dallas, TX
Smith vs Ankalaev Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 277 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Anthony Smith: (+410)
- Magomed Ankalaev: (-590)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- Smith by KO/TKO: (+1100)
- Smith by Points: (+1100)
- Smith by Submission: (+1500)
- Ankalaev by KO/TKO: (+170)
- Ankalaev by Points: (-105)
- Ankalaev by Submission: (+1500)
Smith vs Ankalaev Prediction
UFC 277 Smith-Ankalaev prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Magomed Ankalaev (82%)
Method of Victory: Decision (78%)
Anthony Smith may by the UFC's king of "losing until he's not." Like Derrick Lewis, you're generally hoping for a finish or nothing when you back Smith. Magomed Ankalaev also has one of those "dominate a fight then lose at the last minute" smudges on his record, too, when he was submitted with 1 second left in a fight he was easily winning against Paul Craig.
Craig remains the only opponent to take Ankalaev down more than once, though, and he's shown some serious takedown defense since then, with performances like stuffing 5 of 6 attempts against Nikita Krylov. If Smith and his 28% takedown accuracy can't get this one to the ground, he'll be in for a long night. Or a short one for the wrong reasons. Give me Ankalaev by KO/TKO.
Smith vs Ankalaev Betting Trends & Stats
- Anthony Smith defeated Ryan Spann, by submission, in his last fight on Sept. 18, 2021.
- Magomed Ankalaev defeated Thiago Santos, by decision, in his last fight on March 12, 2022.
- Smith averages 3.03 significant strikes landed per minute with a 47% accuracy rate.
- Ankalaev averages 3.49 significant strikes landed per minute with a 54% accuracy rate.
- Smith averages 4.31 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 42% defense rate.
- Ankalaev averages 2.13 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 61% defense rate.
- Smith averages 0.46 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Ankalaev has an 85% takedown defense rate.
UFC 277 Fight card
To see betting previews, odds and predictions for any of the other fights on the card at UFC 277, click on any of the matchups below:
- Julianna Pena vs. Amanda Nunes
- Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France
- Derrick Lewis vs. Sergei Pavlovich
- Alexandre Pantoja vs. Alex Perez
- Alex Morono vs. Matthew Semelsberger
- Drew Dober vs. Rafael Alves
- Ji Yeon Kim vs. Joselyne Edwards
- Orion Cosce vs. Blood Diamond
- Nicolae Negumereanu vs. Ihor Potieria
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.