Stand up for Puerto Rico
All entry fees will be donated to the Puerto Rico hurricane relief efforts
Come play for Puerto Rico this month by entering the Play for Puerto Rico Series, presented by Cotto vs. Ali, live on HBO. For this charitable contest, we’ll be donating all entry fees to the Puerto Rico hurricane relief efforts. Prizes include NFL tickets, signed Cotto gloves, and FanDuel credit. We will also have free play contests going throughout the week for the chance to win a share of $10,000. See the contest schedule below to learn more about what you can do to help.
And don’t forget to see Puerto Rican boxing legend Miguel Cotto step into the ring for the final time. Watch Cotto vs. Ali on Saturday, December 2 at 10pm ET/PT, live on HBO.
Terms and conditions
Welcome to the Play for Puerto Rico Series presented by Cotto vs. Ali (“Promotion”). The Promotion will consist of five (5) Free Play FanDuel Fantasy Basketball or Football Contests (each a “Puerto Rico Free Play” or “Free Play”) and one (1) paid NFL contest with an entry fee of $3 (Puerto Rico Relief Contest”). A minimum of one (1) Puerto Rico Free Play will run each day from November 27, 2017 through November 29, 2017 and from December 1, 2017 through December 2, 2017. Users can play in one Puerto Rico Free Play per day. The Puerto Rico Relief Contest will run on November 30, 2017. No user can have more than 150 entries in the Puerto Rico Relief Contest. All entry fees in the Puerto Rico Relief contest will be donated to the Hispanic Federation through the Omaze Initiative.
Each Puerto Rico Free Play is a single entry contest. Any instance of registering multiple accounts on FanDuel in order to gain additional entries into the Puerto Rico Free Play will result in automatic disqualification from the Puerto Rico Free Play, revocation of any prize awarded in the Puerto Rico Free Play and potential suspension from FanDuel.
To gain entry into a Puerto Rico Free Play on Monday, November 27, 2017, Wednesday, November 29, 2017 and Saturday, December 2, 2017 users can enter directly through the contest lobby. To gain entry into a Puerto Rico Free Play on Tuesday, November 28, 2017 and Friday, December 1, 2017, a user must watch an exclusive 30 second clip. The clip will be available on the Puerto Rico Free Play Landing Page or via an in-app interstitial. Once the clip is finished, users will be given a link to enter the Puerto Rico Free Play for that day. Users must enter their lineup for the Puerto Rico Free Play prior to the contest lock time to be eligible for any prizes in that particular Free Play. Users may participate in one Puerto Rico Free Play per day.
To gain entry into the Puerto Rico Relief Contest users can enter directly through the contest lobby. Users must enter their lineup for the Puerto Rico Relief contest prior to the contest lock time to be eligible for any prizes in that particular contest.
The prizes for the Puerto Rico Free Plays will be displayed as follows:
The prizes for the Puerto Rico Relief Contest on November, 30 2017 will be displayed as follows:
$50 + Boxing Glove
Teams and Scoring
The Play for Puerto Rico Series will be operated pursuant to FanDuel’s standard Rules and Scoring for NBA and NFL contests (available here: https://www.fanduel.com/rules).
In the event of a tie, the tied users will split the total value of the prizes awarded for the tied positions.
In order to participate in the Puerto Rico Free Plays you must meet the following qualifications:
- All US and Canadian residents who comply with our eligibility rules for entry to free games in our https://www.fanduel.com/terms and are eligible to participate in the Puerto Rico Free Plays and those who comply with our eligibility rules for paid entry games are eligible to participate in the Puerto Rico Relief Contest. Users physically located in Alabama, Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Louisiana, Texas, Montana, Nevada and Washington are not eligible to participate in the Puerto Rico Relief Contest.
- You must be an existing FanDuel user
- You are not subject to backup withholding tax because: (a) you are exempt from backup withholding, or (b) you have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that you are subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified you that you are no longer subject to backup withholding.
FanDuel employees may enter the competition for testing purposes but are not eligible to win any prizes. Employees and operators of other daily fantasy sports sites are not eligible for this Promotion.
Employees, officers, and directors of FanDuel and HBO Sports Inc. are not eligible to win any prizes as part of this Promotion. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Additional Terms and Conditions
FanDuel may request US resident prize winners to provide address and social security details prior to receiving their prize if their prize exceeds $600 in value. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes, fees, registration and insurance, for any prizes won in connection with this contest, including any non-cash prizes.
Affidavit of Eligibility
FanDuel may require prize winners to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility to confirm their identity and eligibility for the Promotion.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Puerto Rico Free Play, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- I represent that I am over 18 years of age. I agree hereby to provide government-issued photo identification to FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
- I represent that I am not an employee or operator of another daily fantasy site that charges entrance fees or offers cash prizes. Further, I represent that I do not, by virtue of affiliation with another daily fantasy site, have access to the site’s pre-release non-public confidential data about contest-related information
- I reaffirm my agreement to:
- The Play for Puerto Rico Series rules, provided at FanDuel.com/PlayforPuertoRico
- I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during the Play for Puerto Rico Series promotion that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, HBO Sports Inc. or the FanDuel user community.