Welcome Home, Hockey Fans!
Check back here often to see everything we have to offer, and click below to enter the NHL® Breakaway contest.Play Now
GET $5 BONUS WITH YOUR FIRST DEPOSITDeposit Now
*minimum $5 deposit
How to play
Pick Your Contest
There are hundreds to choose from every day — with different entry fees, prizes, and formats.
Draft your team
Every player has a salary. Fill all the positions on your team without going over the salary cap.
Watch and win
See your score rise in real-time and get paid instantly if you win.
Want more info
Check out our NHL Training Guide for tips on building your lineup.
Want more info
Check out our NHL Training Guide for tips on building your lineup.
NHL, the NHL Shield and the word mark NHL Winter Classic are registered trademarks and the NHL Winter Classic logo is a trademark of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved.
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Nightly NHL.TV™ Free Play promotion (“Promotion”). The Promotion will take place solely through the Official One-Day Fantasy Game of the NHL® hosted by FanDuel at fanduel.com/NHL. The Promotion consists of one Free to Play contest (each a “Featured Free Play” and collectively the “Featured Free Plays”) each day, starting on Monday, November 5, 2018 and ending on Thursday, February 28, 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). Participants may enter each Featured Free Play through the contest landing page, available here: fanduel.com/NHL.
The Featured Free Plays are all free to play, single entry contests, and will be posted in the FanDuel lobby. Any instance of registering multiple accounts on FanDuel in order to gain more than one entry into a Featured Free Play will result in automatic disqualification from the Promotion and potential suspension from FanDuel. Participants can enter as many of the Featured Free Plays as they would like during the Promotion Period.
At the end of each Featured Free Play during the Promotion Period, the participant with the highest score (“Winner”) will be awarded with a one (1) year subscription to NHL.TV™ (the “Prize”), with an ARV of $139.99.
Winners of an NHL.TV™ subscription will be sent a redemption code via email to participant’s email address associated with his/her registered FanDuel account within 72 hours of winning a Prize. Winners must visit the URL provided in that email to redeem their code and set up their NHL.TV™ subscription. There is no cash alternative to the Prize.
Promotion Terms and Scoring
Each Featured Free Play follows FanDuel’s standard scoring rules for fantasy hockey contests. You can find all scoring rules at https://www.fanduel.com/rules.
In the event of a tie for 1st place in a Featured Free Play, all tied participants will participate in a one-day fantasy hockey playoff contest the next day to determine the Winner. The playoff contest will follow FanDuel’s standard scoring rules for fantasy hockey contests.
In order to participate in the Promotion, you must meet the following qualifications:
- You must be a registrant or existing FanDuel user to participate; and
- You are not subject to backup withholding tax because: (a) you are exempt from backup withholding, or (b) you have not been notified by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that you are subject to backup withholding as a result of a failure to report all interest or dividends, or (c) the IRS has notified you that you are no longer subject to backup withholding.
Employees, officers, and directors of FanDuel, the National Hockey League® (“NHL”), its member clubs, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive Cyber Enterprises, LLC (the foregoing NHL entities, collectively, the “NHL Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and family members living in the same household of such employees, officers, and directors, and NHL players and officials are not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
The Winner will be notified via email within ten (10) business days following the completion of the Promotion. All prize winners may be required to submit valid identification (in a form determined by FanDuel in its sole discretion) to the Released Parties and may be required to execute and return, within three (3) days of issuance, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) or prize claim form depending on the prize level.
Any of the following may result in disqualification and, at FanDuel’s discretion and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to runner up (as applicable): failure to return such documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Terms and Conditions or the FanDuel Terms and Conditions, the return of any prize or prize notification and if any potential winner declines a prize for any reason.
Affidavit of Eligibility
FanDuel may require Promotion participants to sign the below Affidavit of Eligibility to confirm their identity and eligibility. Any participant refusing to sign the Affidavit of Eligibility upon FanDuel’s request will be disqualified from the Promotion and ineligible to receive any prizes.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Promotion, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- I represent that the information provided above is accurate and complete. I represent that I am a resident of the United States or Canada, I am over 18 years of age (21 if in Massachusetts). I agree to provide government-issued photo identification to FanDuel to verify my identity and date of birth.
- I agree to refrain from any behavior or communication during any Promotion that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel, the NHL Entities,or the FanDuel user community.
- FanDuel, its service providers and the NHL Entities may take photos, videos or other recordings of me or in which I appear (“Images”) during the events and activities described in this Affidavit of Eligibility. I grant FanDuel and the NHL Entities ownership of any copyright or other rights I may have in the Images. I grant FanDuel and the NHL Entities an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish, distribute, copy, perform and otherwise use in any manner the Images and derivative works thereof, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or without any name, in any medium, and in all media now or hereafter known, including over the Internet, for promotion, advertising, trade or commerce, or for any other purpose whatsoever. I also grant FanDuel and the NHL Entities an irrevocable, perpetual and unrestricted right to publish and otherwise use my name for such purposes, whether or not in connection with the Images. I consent to the digital compositing or distortion of the Images, including any changes or alterations as to color, size, shape, perspective, context, foreground or background or associated audio. I also consent to the use of any published matter in conjunction with such Images. I waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection with the Images or my name or the use to which they may be applied. I release and discharge FanDuel, its service providers, the NHL Entities and assigns from any liability in connection with their use of the Images or my name, including without limitation any claims for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy. FanDuel, the NHL Entities, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, governors, owners, distributors, retailers, agents, assignees, advertising/promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Released Parties”) shall have no liability and will be released and held harmless from any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to winner or any third party or damage to personal or real property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by any reason, including the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize and/or participation in this Promotion. This grant of rights is binding upon me and my heirs, estate, legal representatives, and assigns.
Additional Terms and Conditions
FanDuel may request United States resident prize winners to provide address and social security details prior to receiving their prize if their prize exceeds $600 in value. Winners are responsible for paying all taxes, fees, registration and insurance, for any prizes won in connection with this contest, including non-cash prizes.
The decisions made by FanDuel regarding, but not limited to, eligibility, winners, scoring, rules, prizes and compliance is in accordance with FanDuel’s standards of conduct. No correspondence will be entered into. FanDuel reserves the right to make reasonable changes to these terms, (a) to ensure the fairness of competition, and (b) in response to unanticipated developments (including, but not limited to, technical failures, errors, acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, changes in applicable law, failure of stats provider and failure to obtain a minimum number of entrants).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree that FanDuel may provide your name and e-mail address to the NHL and that the NHL may use this information for marketing and advertising purposes in accordance with its own policies.
By participating in the Promotion, each participant accepts and agrees to accept and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of FanDuel, which shall be final and binding in all respects. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of prize (or portion thereof) is permitted except by FanDuel who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value as determined by FanDuel.
Except where prohibited by law, a prize winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Released Parties to use that prize winner’s name, voice, city/state of residence, photos, video or film clips, and/or other visual likeness worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. Prize winners agree to Released Parties’ use of their names and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
The Released Parties and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible, and hereby disclaim responsibility, for (i) lost, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled, late, delayed, undelivered or misdirected downloads, installations, registrations, usernames, scores, NHL® player selections or revisions; (ii) theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, NHL® player selections; (iii) failures or malfunctions of phones/mobile devices (including wireless phones/handsets or other wireless devices), phone lines or telephone systems; interrupted or unavailable network/mobile app, server or other connections; (iv) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or for any technical problem, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in this Promotion; (v) errors or ambiguity in these Terms and Conditions, in any Promotion-related advertisements or other materials; (vi) the selection or announcement of potential winners or the distribution of prizes; and (vii) the cancellation, suspension or preemption of NHL games, injuries or other unavailability of players, scoring tabulation or timing errors or other problems or errors of any kind whether mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise. By entering, each participant agrees that the Released Parties and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies shall have no liability and will be held harmless by participant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage (1) to participant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to participant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and any travel or travel-related activity thereto or participation in the Promotion, and (2) any and all taxes and other fees applicable to the prizes received by the prize winners. The Released Parties, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to: 1) disqualify any person (and void his/her points) who tampers with the submission process, the operation of the Promotion, or any other component the Promotion, or who is otherwise in violation of these Terms and Conditions; and 2) modify, suspend or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes, including but not limited to war, strikes, and/or acts of God, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion. The Released Parties reserve the right to halt or modify the Promotion at any time during the Promotion Period if events beyond its control compromise the Promotion’s fairness or integrity. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RELEASED PARTIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Released Parties reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion. This is a Promotion designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in the Released Parties’ service.
In the event that the Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Released Parties reserve the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the FanDuel shall have no liability to any participants who are disqualified due to such an action.
In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Terms and Conditions, the Released Parties reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion.
This Promotion is operated by FanDuel and is in no way sponsored or administered by the National Hockey League® or its affiliates. Void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL.TV is a trademark of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved.