Mo’Ne Davis Signed Ball Sells for Over $500
In case you were wondering when Little League Baseball would get completely out of control, I’m here to tell you that it just did.
The Mo’Ne Davis story is a great one. She’s a 13-year-old from Philadelphia, and only the 18th girl to ever play in the Little League World Series. And this year, she happens to be the best player in the Little League World Series. She has instantly put herself in a position to become a role model for girls everywhere, was the first Little Leaguer to get the cover of Sports Illustrated, and watching her pitch has truly been a lot of fun.
So, what do you do when someone like Mo’Ne Davis comes along? You get her to sign a ball and start a bidding war on Ebay!
I hope you have insurance on your computer or smart phone, because there’s no doubt in my mind that you either spit coffee all over the screen or threw up when you saw that this ball wound up selling for $510 (plus shipping).
Or maybe you didn’t. Maybe this was just purchased by someone that’s clairvoyant, with a ton of disposable income, who knows that Mo’Ne is going to become the first female Yankee. Or maybe, I’m just bummed out because in order for my autograph to become worth that much money, I’d have to sign a Louis Vuitton purse. Either way, it’s pretty wild. A couple of other thoughts on this.
1. Are there fake Mo’Ne Davis autographs out there? That would be next level crazy.
2. Did someone remember to give Danny Almonte a hug today? Poor guy. Mo’Ne Davis balls are going for hundreds of dollars on Ebay, and he’s still doing the occasional interview on his birth certificate.
3. There are MLB players that can’t get this much money for their autograph. Actually MOST can’t get $500 dollars for a signed ball.
So crazy. Next time Mo’Ne pitches, get your whole crew together, watch her tear it up, and keep a sharp eye on Ebay in case any more must-have Little League World Series memorabilia pops up.
How much would you pay for a Mo’Ne Davis signed ball? Weigh in on Twitter and follow us @Fanduel. Also, don’t forgets to signup at fanduel.com to play in one-week fantasy football leagues for real cash!
Posted 7 months ago on · Permalink
FanDuel is the market leader in one-day fantasy sports leagues. Play for real money against other people with immediate cash payouts. Up to $1M cash paid out every day.Read more
How to get started
- Signup & use promo code INSIDER100
- Choose a one-day contest
- Pick any players you want - Salary cap format
- Win your league, and win real money