Recently retired commissioner David Stern may be melting into his couch of obscurity, but we’re still putting in the man hours to bring you the tastiest fantasy hardwood team names ever scripted.
Matchup analysis and insider information no longer rule fantasy sports, as team names have stolen the spotlights with their creativity. And if you’re really enjoying fantasy football domination, make sure to check out our one-day fantasy basketball leagues for real cash, where you can pick a new team every day using our unique salary cap format. Then you can properly concentrate on titling your title-bound team.
Here’s our favorite batch of fantasy basketball team names… but first, sign up and try out our thrilling one-day fantasy basketball contests using promocode INSIDERBONUS for a free $5 to play with when you sign up – no strings attached!
50. Rubio Tuesdays – Ricky’s always dishing them out.
49. Duncan Your Face – Timmy D has been doing it for 16 years.
48. From Russia With K Love – The newest 007.
47. Gym Tan Landry – That’s so 2010.
46. Who Framed Luke Babbit – …and sent him to the Russian league?
45. Brandon Bass Hunter – Slightly necessary.
44. Bismack Markie – The clown prince of basketball
43. Dancing To Thabeet – Not sure we’ll see this Hasheem dancing to any beat.
42. Assault and Battier – Physical defense misunderstood.
41. A Stuckey Situation – Whether or not to sign Rodney Stuckey?
40. Wall-E – Do robot’s get injured?
39. The Chronicles of Reddick – Rough times for the now-journeyman baller.
38. A Teague of Their Own – Unexpectedly solid.
37. Hibbert and Ernie – Annoyingly dominant.
36. From Kosta Coast – Koufos did finish with 6.9 rebounds last year. So, yeah.
35. Wake and Blake – Eggs on the side.
34. Live Faried or Die Hard – Most die hard against mister Kenneth in the paint.
33. Bigger Fish to Frye – Like 3-point jumpers.
32. Neat Fariq – Aminu he would end up on this list.
31. Nash of the Titans – But a lot safer.
30. Mumford & Parsons – I won’t wait for a better one.
29. Silence of The Lambs – Doron and Jeremy are silent hunters.
28. Horton Hears a Jrue – A person’s a person, no matter how sma…6’4″.
27. The Big Deng Theory – Derrick Rose would be Penny in this scenario.
26. Colder Than a Dalembert’s Toenails – Outkast continuing to affect society.
25. I Camby What I Wanna Be – A Houston Rocket.
24. Cookies and Kareem – Not again with the Lakers!
23. All You Can Shoot Curry – Just as simultaneously exciting and upsetting.
22. Home Malone – And doing just fine.
21. Keys to the Kyrie – A well-oiled machine.
20. Let’s Make a Beal – Wheeling and Bealing, via Walt Clyde Frazier.
19. Shaqramento Kings – Infusing the Kings with his Shaqness.
18. Yao Do You Do? – Terrible now.
17. The Price is Dwight – Not so much anymore.
16. Pondexter’s Laboratory – Childhood favorites that are terrible but endearing.
15. Blatche Ops 5 – Not to be confused with Blatche Ops 4.
14. It Takes DeJuan to Know One – Or Blair Witch Project.
13. Grand Theft Otto – The Wizards rookie gets his first taste of the NBA spotlight.
12. I’ve Got the Dragic in Me – Pitch Perfect has killed this song. Or maybe it was B.O.B.
11. Batum Shakalaka – And the crowd goes wild.
A new team every day using our unique salary cap format? No draft order, no season-long commitment, no tears? Sign up for FanDuel and enjoy our popular one-day fantasy basketball contests. Don’t miss out!
10. Dirk Knight Rises – Permanently relevant.
9. Dwight Where You Stand – As Gangstarr may have put it, leave you there Dwight where you stand.
8. Bosh.0 – The Velociraptor personified.
7. Guy Walks Into a Jabar – Hall of Faming it as usual.
6. Hide ya Kidd, Hide ya Dwight – Anyone else?
5. Walker, Texas Granger – Productive, though forgotten.
4. Double LeBrontendre – Misunderstood as both the greatest and most annoying.
3. When Harry Mehmet Sally – An oldie but a goodie.
2. A Festus For The Rest of Us – At 23, Festus Ezeli may not even understand the Seinfeld reference.
1. Ibaka Flacka Flame – Round of applause.