Week 1 Live Scoring Problems – We’re Sorry 13

On Sunday, some of you experienced issues with our live scoring screens. Some people were unable to see their Live Contests screen for a while, and scoreboards were generally slow to load until 5pm ET. We apologize for these problems and the poor experience that resulted, particularly if you are new to FanDuel. We have identified the causes of the problems and fixed them. If you’re interested, the technical details are at the bottom of this post.

We understand that following live scoring is one of the most fun parts of playing on FanDuel, and that many of you were disappointed with the experience you had this past weekend. To say sorry, we are adding $10,000 worth of freerolls to our regular contest schedule for Week 2:

NFL Fumble #1 – Free entry, $2000 prize pool (full)

NFL Fumble #2 – Free entry, $2000 prize pool

NFL Fumble #3 – Free entry, $2000 prize pool

NFL Fumble #4 – Free entry, $2000 prize pool

NFL Fumble #5 – Free entry, $2000 prize pool

Feel free to enter any one of them. Our regular restriction of one freeroll per game day will apply.

Things are all set for a smooth Week 2 of NFL contests, and we’re looking forward to seeing all of you on the site. As always, if you have suggestions for how we can continue to make FanDuel better, please send them to support@fanduel.com (or submit a support ticket with your suggestions).

Technical details

Two issues this Sunday surfaced under the extreme traffic conditions of NFL Week 1 that were not previously identified in our pre-season testing: (1) a session management problem led to access issues with My Live Contests, (2) a badly performing load balancer restricted our ability to serve contest scoreboards quickly. Once both were resolved live scoring was back to its normal sub-second load times.

We had an unprecedented number of servers online on Sunday, and our full technical team worked nonstop until the problems were resolved. We’re confident these problems will not resurface again in Week 2.

13 thoughts on “Week 1 Live Scoring Problems – We’re Sorry

1. Reply Greg Bradshaw Sep 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Thanks for the email FanDuel! I am new on FanDuel, and I will admit it pissed me off.. but I could see how much money I was winning, and that made it ok. I love the site, and I will continue to play every single week. Thank you for your email and thank you for your apologies.

Gmoneypfm, Greg Bradshaw

2. Reply big lou 68 Sep 11, 2013 2:47 pm

every thing ok last week,but this week trouble,i cant play any of contest.it will not show any contest this week coming.i cant site comes up but no upcoming contest,didnt have this problem played numerous contest,on upcoming contest it still showing one contest from last week ,all others erased from computer except one.my computer is new so I know its not computer .would like to play but something is wrong.played on other computer and no problem got some ideas I want to play on my computer.please respond

• Reply Jesse Boskoff Sep 11, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Lou, contact our support team through the website and they’ll be happy to help you resolve any issues.

3. Reply Walter Sobchek Sep 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Thanks for the quick response and turn around with the live scoring issue. Look forward to having a smooth week 2 with you guys.

4. Reply B Dubb Sep 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Fanduel ends up taking care of their customers. I appreciate the Freerolls, that shows sincerity.

5. Reply Chauncey Hatchett Sep 11, 2013 6:12 pm

Hello,I just wanted to say for myself,Fanduel is a great site!I understand that problems arise with all websites.The difference between Fanduel and others is that you guys take care of your customers and seem to respond to ALL questions,problems or any other issues.This is why Fanduel is number 1.Keep up the great work guys….

A very satisfied customer!

Chauncey Hatchett

6. Reply MR.COOKONUTS Sep 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Live scoring issue was frusrating for many,but technical issues are far and in between on fanduel. Free Rolls are a nice kiss and make up gift to members.Thanks,
    Mr.Cookonuts’

7. Reply Honored Sep 11, 2013 8:44 pm

I had all my games open in different tabs and they all worked just fine… Kept refreshing every now and then as needed, but i had no issues at all. The Live games sections just did not work, but i didnt need it.

8. Reply quswifa Sep 11, 2013 11:49 pm

This is an example of great customer service. Good companies know how to turn a bad situation into a positive.

9. Reply EpicFail Sep 12, 2013 5:44 am

What is the deal with Brandon Weeden with the Browns actual points score of 12.56 on week one scoring charts, and then him having a 22.8 in week two???

QB
    Brandon Weeden
    22.8 1 CLE@BAL $5,200

I didn’t get those score totals in week one scoring???

10. Reply Brian Webster Sep 12, 2013 11:48 am

I tried to click on the link for the free rolls and it keeps telling me I can’t cause I can only play once a day. But I haven’t played any yet. What am I doing wrong?

• Reply Jesse Boskoff Sep 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi Brian, it’s possible you’re entered into one without realizing it. Contact our support team through the website and someone on our end will be happy to help you figure it out.

11. Reply john zimmick Sep 12, 2013 6:28 pm

Thank you for steeping up and addressing the tech problems.Fan Dule showed honesty and integrity and the freeroll is a very kind gesture