NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THESE RULES GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND PRIZE AWARD.
- Promotion: Welcome to “Bracket Pick ‘Em” presented by FanDuel and SeatGeek (“Contest”). No purchase necessary to enter or win, and no deposit, entry fee, payment, or proof of purchase is necessary to participate in this contest. The Contest is based on the results of the 2018 NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball Tournament (“Tournament).
- Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by FanDuel, Inc. (the “Sponsor” or “FanDuel”), who may be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at 300 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10010.
- Contest Period and Description of Contest. The Contest shall commence on March 15, 2018 (“Start Date”) and conclude at 11:59PM on April 2, 2018 (“End Date”). The period from the Start Date to the End Date shall be known as the “Contest Period.”
- Eligibility. All eligible participants (“Participants”) entering the Contest must comply with all terms and conditions of these Rules. Participants may enter as outlined in Section 6 below.
- The Contest is open to U.S. residents who, on the date of entry, are at least 18 years of age or older (21 or older in Massachusetts).
- The officers, directors and employees of the Sponsor, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotional and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for these Contests, and the immediate family members (grandparent, parent, child, sibling, and spouse of each) of and/or persons living in the same household as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Employees of other daily fantasy sites, including but not limited to DraftKings and Yahoo, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- How to Enter. To enter the Contest, Participants must have a registered FanDuel.com account and enter through the FanDuel.com website or using the FanDuel mobile application. Prior to the Contest Start Time, Participants must select five teams participating in the Tournament (“Entry”). The sum of the Tournament seeds for the five teams making up the Entry must be twenty (20) or greater. For example, if a Participant’s Entry involves a 1-seed, 2-seed, 3-seed, 5-seed and 9-seed, then the sum of those seeds would be twenty (20), and the Entry would be eligible for the Contest. If the sum of the seeds in an Entry is less than twenty (20), the Entry will not be eligible for the Contest. Once an Entry is submitted, Participants may not cancel or make any changes to their Entry.
- Sponsor shall not be liable for any problems that occur during the entry process, including without limitation, late, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries, and shall not have any obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete, invalid, or undeliverable submission. No illegible, incomplete, forged, or altered entries will be accepted.
- Limit One (1) Entry per person during the Contest Period.
- Selection of Winners. To win, a Participant must accumulate points based on Tournament games won by the teams in his or her Entry. The amount of points earned for a Tournament win increases with each round of the Tournament. Further, the points earned for a Tournament win by a team in an Entry will be multiplied by such winning team’s Tournament seed. Points will be awarded for wins in a given round as follows:
First Round (Round of 64)
10 points multiplied by team seed
Second Round (Round of 32)
25 points multiplied by team seed
50 points multiplied by team seed
100 points multiplied by team seed
250 points multiplied by team seed
500 points multiplied by team seed
For example, if a team in a Participant’s Entry wins in the Second Round, and such team is an 8-seed in the Tournament, the Participant will earn 200 points for that win (25 points x 8). Once a team has been eliminated from the Tournament, Participants will not earn any further points for that team.
After the Contest End Date, Participants will win prizes based on the number of points accumulated. All Participants who accumulate 400 or more points will win a voucher into a FanDuel contest (“Voucher Prize”). All Participants who accumulate 2500 or more points will win a share of $20,000 in cash (“Cash Prize”). The Cash Prize will be split evenly among all Participants who accumulate 2500 or more points. In addition, the Participant who earns the most points in the Contest will win $5,000 in cash (“Grand Prize”).
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official Winners of the Contest. The purchase of any goods or services will not increase any Participant’s chances of winning. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Contest and the application of these Rules are final and binding.
- Winners will be notified by email in order to claim their prize. Any Cash Prize or the Grand Prize will be deposited into a Winner’s FanDuel account.
- Any failure of a Winner to notify and communicate acceptance will result in forfeiture of their prize. In the event that a potential Winner forfeits or is disqualified for any reason, an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Each Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with his or her receipt and use of a Prize. No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize is permitted, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of greater or equal value if Prize cannot be awarded as stated. The Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable law of the Sponsor’s jurisdiction. d. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner(s). Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery and expressly disclaims responsibility for prize utility, quality, or otherwise.
- Prizes and Odds: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. There will be $25,000.00 in prizes awarded in accordance with the prize table below.:
Participants who score 2500 points or more
Share of $20,000
Participants who score 400 or more points will earn a Voucher Prize
Cash Prizes will be deposited into the Winners’ accounts within 72 hours of the conclusion of the Contest. The Voucher Prize will be determined by FanDuel in its sole discretion. In the event of a tie for the Grand Prize, the tied Participants shall split the Grand Prize.
- ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW (OR MAY LIMIT) DISCLAIMERS OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, IN WHICH CASE THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS WILL BE ENFORCED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Applicable Rules And Winner’s List: For any legally required winners’ list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (unless otherwise prohibited by local law) to FanDuel, Inc., 300 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10010, Attn: Social Media Contests. All such requests must be received within three (3) months after the end of the Sweepstakes.
- No Third Party Sponsor. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with any person or other entity, including any third party, other than FanDuel and Seatgeek.
- Publicity. Prize winners agree that their names, location, social media posts, and/or photos and videos tagged in response to contest posts may be used for marketing purposes. By participating in the Contest, the Winner agrees to refrain from any behavior or communication that would harm the image or reputation of FanDuel or the FanDuel user community. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PLACING YOUR NAME ON A WINNER’S LIST.
- Additional Terms and Conditions. The decisions made by FanDuel management regarding, but not limited to, eligibility, winners, scoring, travel arrangement, rules, prizes and compliance with FanDuel’s standards of conduct. No correspondence will be entered into. FanDuel reserves the right to make reasonable changes to these terms, (a) to ensure the fairness of competition, and (b) in response to unanticipated developments (such as technical failures, errors, acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, and changes in applicable law.
- Choice of Law and Disputes. Choice of law Disputes shall be subject to the provisions in FanDuel’s terms of service, which are hereby incorporated by reference, including Section 15, which contains a binding arbitration clause and a class action waiver. YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AS THEY MAY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS.
- Conditions of Participation and Limitations of Liability.
By participating, entrants hereby release, hold harmless, covenant not to sue, and forever discharge Sponsor and SeatGeek, its respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, divisions, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the sweepstakes or contest, and each of its and their directors, employees, officers, and agents from and against any and all third-party claims, actions, damages, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, injuries, or causes of action of any kind that in any way now or hereinafter may arise from or relate to the sweepstakes or contest, including without limitation (i) the administration of the sweepstakes or contest, such as typographical, printing, seeding, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes or contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or any related materials, inaccurate, fraudulent, incomplete, illegible, late, lost, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, incomplete, or damaged entries, any delays in delivery or lack of availability of the prize or prize materials and/or (ii) entrants’ participation in a sweepstakes or contest offered by Sponsor or their acceptance or use of a prize, or participation in any prize related activities, including, without limitation, any travel related thereto, and death and bodily injury (including emotional distress), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the sweepstakes or contest or any sweepstakes or contest-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any prize-related activities.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be (i) acting in violation of these Rules or (ii) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the applicable sweepstakes or contest, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with a sweepstakes or contest as contemplated by any event beyond its control, including, without limitation, a force majeure, fire, flood, epidemic or other national health emergency, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared,) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, public health crisis, or other cause not reasonably within its control, then Sponsor shall also have the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the respective sweepstakes or contest. In the event that a sweepstakes or contest is terminated, cancelled, or postponed for any reason whatsoever, the ARV of the prize(s) will be awarded to the extent required by law.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE(S) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A SWEEPSTAKES OR CONTEST OFFERED BY SPONSOR IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.